Villa Lime KilnThe four-bedroomed Villa Lime Kiln is located in Poste Lafayette, on the east coast of Mauritius. This charming thatched-roof villa is built on a small dune overlooking the lagoon.
It is set in a 2,110m2 garden planted with a large number of trees and fenced on three sides; the fourth opens onto a white sand beach with restricted public access. The swimming in the lagoon beyond is very pleasant, and it is possible to admire the seabed while snorkelling. At the front of the villa, an infinity pool overlooks the Indian Ocean.
The beach, the lagoon, the foam of the breakers on the barrier reef, the palm trees swaying in the wind and the verdant vegetation together offer a breath-taking spectacle.
Villa Lime Kiln room descriptions and capacity8 adults + 1 baby
6 adults + 2 children + 1 baby
4 air-conditioned bedrooms
4 bathrooms of which 3 en-suite
1. Bedroom 1 with a beautiful view over the ocean - Air-conditioned
- 1 large double bed
- 1 en-suite bathroom with separate WC
2. Bedroom 2 - Air-conditioned
- 2 single beds
- 1 en-suite bathroom with a walk-in shower, sink and WC
3. Bedroom 3 - Air-conditioned
- 2 twin beds
An additional bathroom and separate WC are located in villa's right wing, where the bedrooms are located.
ON THE FIRST FLOOR
4. Bedroom 4 with a balcony and view over the lagoon - Air-conditioned
- 1 large double bed
- 1 en-suite bathroom with a walk-in shower, twin sinks and WC
Villa Lime Kiln location and nearby activitiesVilla Lime Kiln is located on the east coast of Mauritius, whose development has been carefully managed and which retains its wild, unspoiled character.
The area offers a variety of nautical activities including:
- Sports fishing
- Pleasure boating
- Snorkelling and scuba diving
- Windsurfing, kitesurfing and sailing
- Excursions aboard speedboats or catamarans, to snorkel in the turquoise lagoon, picnic on a neighbouring small island and/or see the Grande Rivière
Sud-Est and/or île aux Cerfs
Some of the world's most famous hotels are located in the close proximity to the villa.
Residents therefore have access to:
- Excellent restaurants and bars
- Diving and water sports centres
- Exceptional golf courses including the Links in Belle Mare, the Touessrok course on île aux Cerfs Island and the gold course at Anahita
A few kilometres away, natural reserves and parks such as the Domaine de l'Étoile and the Vallée de Ferney offer outdoor activities including:
- Horse riding
- Quad and mountain biking
Book your outdoor activities at the Vallée de Ferney to discover the extraordinary treasures of Mauritius nature.
Villa Lime Kiln features and amenitiesVilla Lime Kiln is a U-shaped villa facing the ocean.
- 320 m² of living space
- 2110 m² fenced rear garden
- 315 m2 front garden including a pool and overlooking the beach
- Infinity pool (6m80 x 3m50 x 1m40)
- 4 air-conditioned bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms of which 3 are en-suite
- Fully equipped open-plan kitchen including dishwasher, a complete set of household appliances, and cutlery and crockery for 8 people
- A Nespresso coffee machine
- Spacious living room with a TV and stunning views of the lagoon
- Secondary living area also offering sea views
- Dining room able to seat 8 people
- Veranda overlooking the pool and sea, and including deckchairs and a dining area for 8 people
- Terrace on the garden as an extension of the kitchen, with a dining table able to seat 8 people and a charcoal barbecue
- Washing machine, iron and ironing board
- Security grilles
- 1 flat-screen TV with free access to Canal-SAT satellite channels
- Card table in living room
- Charcoal barbecue
- Free Wi-Fi
- House linen (sheets, bath and beach towels for up to 8 people)
- 1 alarm system alerting a local security company
- Complimentary local phone calls
- Private parking for several cars
- Closed garage for one car
Villa Lime Kiln staffWorking hours: 8am to 2pm Monday to Saturday, except public holidays.
Bilingual cook / housekeeper (English and French)
- Household cleaning
- Laundry excluding ironing
- Specialised in Mauritian dishes with a French twist
- Preparation of one meal per day (lunch or dinner), cooked in advance
Tenants are responsible for purchasing groceries.
The housekeeper lives in the neighbouring village of Roches-Noires. She knows the region well and can even help you source fresh fish through her husband's contacts. She can also accompany you to the supermarket and help you choose products with which to prepare delicious local dishes.
Our staff fees are included in the villa's rental. Tipping is discretionary. If you would like to leave a tip, we recommend the equivalent of €5 per day.
Note that for the festive end of year period, there will be no service from December 24 at noon until December 25 inclusively and from December 31 at noon until January 2 inclusively. Kindly note that in Mauritius, 25th December, January 1st and 2nd are bank holidays.
Villa Lime Kiln - Rates 2018 per night
|No. of guests||01-30 June
|16 January-30 April
01 July-31 August
15 October-14 December
|15 December-15 January|
*If your party includes several children under 4 years of age, a discretionary fee may apply.