Villa Etoile Filante, exceptionally well located opposite I'île aux CerfsTrou d'Eau Douce is a must on the east coast of Mauritius, anyone who knows the island will attest!
The Etoile Filante villa is situated on the east coast of Mauritius, overlooking the bay of Trou d'Eau Douce, opposite the amazing and renowned island of Ile aux Cerfs. 500m separates the Villa from the departure point for Ile aux Cerfs and for Catamaran cruises to the waterfall of Grand River South East, îlot Flamand and the the nature reserve of l'île aux Aigrettes. Every nautical activity imaginable is available in this area, incuding big game fishing in summer; it is not unusual to catch marlin weighing several hundred kilos just off the coast.
Villa Etoile Filante is a cosy, welcoming bungalow located right on the beach. It offers unobstructed views of the ocean from the living/dining space, the veranda and the main bedroom. It comfortably accommodates 6 adults. The Villa is a single-storey building overlooking a white sandy beach and the eastern lagoon, Mauritius' largest, which stretches 20 kilometres to Pointe d'Esny in the south. The villa is opposite the five-star Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa.
Etoile Filante shares a large plot of land with other villas owned by the same family, and which ensures you'll enjoy a pleasant, safe and welcoming neighbourhood during your stay. The villa is adjacent to the owner's house, which is not for rent. The owners typically use the property on weekends and ensure the welfare of their tenants by providing advice and assistance for a personalised stay. Their presence is a guarantee of an enjoyable holiday in Mauritius.
Villa Etoile Filante room descriptions and capacity6 adults + 1 baby
3 air-conditioned bedrooms
1 - Master bedroom with a magnificent view of the lagoon - Air-conditioned
- 1 double bed (1.8m)
- 1 infant cot
- 1 en-suite bathroom with a shower
2 - Bedroom 2 - Air-conditioned
- 1 double bed (1.4m) 1 bathroom with a shower, shared with bedroom 3
3 - Guest bedroom with views on the lagoon - Air-conditioned
- 1 double bed (1.4m)
- 1 bathroom with a shower, shared with bedroom 2
Villa Etoile Filante location and nearby activitiesVilla Etoile Filante, in Trou d'Eau Douce, Mauritius
Villa Etoile Filante villa is located in Trou d'Eau Douce on Mauritius' east coast, an hour's drive from the airport along the coastal road.
This east coast is lined with a number of large white sandy public beaches bordered with casuarina trees and tropical vegetation. The lagoon stretches from Trou d'Eau Douce to Pointe d'Esny, making it the largest on the island.
The village of Trou dEau Douce has retained its authenticity. This fishing village's name is derived from that of Belle Ile, whose freshwater source comes in contact with salt water. This is where the women of the village come to wash their laundry, alongside the children play in the water. Trou d'Eau Douce is also a place where there are ruins of a great many historical chimneys, all which are left of the sugar refineries of yesteryear.
The village of Trou d'Eau Douce is 1.5 km (15 minutes' walk) from the Etoile Filante bungalow. There is a bus stop next to the villa. The village of Flacq is 7km away (15 minutes by car). It offers facilities including banks and shopping centres as well as its wonderfully colourful market. 3 km from the villa is the coastal village of Belle Mare with its public beaches, hotels, duty-free shops and restaurants.
You will find basic necessities in the mini-markets and convenience stores of Trou d'Eau Douce. An ATM, a currency exchange and typical small restaurants are also nearby. To discover Mauritian cuisine, we particularly recommend La Case poisson (fish & seafood specialist) Chez Tino, Chez Gilda (pizza and Mauritian cuisine), Le Four à Chaud (fish & meat), Le Poisson Grillé (fish), Green Island (bar-restaurant) and Café des Arts (gourmet cuisine).
Activities available in the surroundings include:
- Water activities including water skiing, snorkelling, parasailing, and others;
- Half or full-day deep-sea fishing. The marlin fishing season runs from December to April.
- A full-day catamaran cruises to the waterfall of Grand River South East, to îlot Flamand or to the nature protected reserve of île aux Aigrettes.
- Scuba diving at the diving centres near the villa
- Private boat hire with skipper, departing in front of the villa to île aux Cerfs
- Kitesurfing and windsurfing in winter, from June to September. The departure point is right on the beach in front of the villa, and provides direct access to the largest lagoon.
- 18-holes golf courses such as the Legends and Links in Belle Mare, Le Touessrok Golf Course at IIle aux Cerfs and Anahita Golf Club in Beau Champ.
Chrystelle Spa, a wellness centre offering massages, sauna and other amenities, is located 400 m from the villa.
But lest we forget, Trou d'Eau Douce remains a fishing village, and that's what gives it its charm!
Villa Etoile Filante features and amenitiesVilla Etoile Filante boasts a living area of 190 m², consisting of a spacious living room, a dining room, a fully equipped kitchen, a veranda with an outdoor lounge area facing the sea, a veranda overlooking the backyard and kitted out with a board game corner, three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- 190 m² of living space
- 3 air-conditioned bedrooms, with an en-suite bathroom in the master bedroom
- 2 bathrooms including an en-suite master bathroom
- Outdoors shower
- Washing machine, ironing board and iron
- Linen (sheets, bath and beach towels)
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Drinking water filer
- Living and dining room with sea views and a table and chairs for 8 people
- Veranda and outdoor lounge area opening onto the garden and the beach
- Outdoor areas that include an outdoor dining space, table, benches, garden chairs, sun shade for 6 persons, sun beds
- Rear terrace with a board game corner and a table and chairs seating 6 people
- 1 flat-screen TV with complimentary access to satellite channels
- Free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary local phone calls
- Emergency generator for all essential services
- Alarm system that alerts a local security company
- Surveillance cameras
- Electric gate
- Baby accessories: baby bed, bedding, changing mat, bathtub, high chair, kids dishes, beach games.
Villa Etoile Filante Staff:Working hours: 10am to 2pm Monday to Saturday, except public hours.
The housekeeper's responsibilities include:
- Daily household cleaning
- Laundry excluding ironing
- Preparation of one meal per day (lunch or dinner), cooked in advance
Tenants are responsible for purchasing groceries.
Our staff fees are included in the rental. Tipping is discretionary. We recommend the equivalent of €5 per day.
Welcome meal offered
Baby sitting on demand at an additional cost.
Note that for the festive end of year period, there will be no service from December 24 at noon until December 25 inclusively and from December 31 at noon until January 2 inclusively. Kindly note that in Mauritius, 25th December, January 1st and 2nd are bank holidays.
Villa Etoile Filante - Rates 2018 per night
|No. of guests||01 June-30 June
01 Septembre-30 Septembre
|01 May-30 May
01 July-31 August
01 October-14 October
|16 January-30 April
15 October-14 December
|15 December-15 January|
*If your party includes several children under 4 years of age, a discretionary fee may apply.