Villa Mermaid - A stunning location in Merville Bay in Péreybère (Grand-Bay)Would you be tempted by a stay in a villa on a private beach in the heart of Grand-Bay' Villa Mermaid offers its lucky tenants exactly that. Located in the north of the island on the exclusive Merville Bay (Péreybère), 1 km from Grand-Bay, the villa offers personalised service in an airy, safe and pleasant setting.
Mermaid, a rustically furnished two-storey villa, is part of a family estate consisting of 4 identical villas. The property overlooks a beach that is not accessible to the public and boasts a view of the Coin de Mire islet out to sea. The beach offers particularly good and safe conditions for bathing.
The atmosphere at the villa is reminiscent of Sundays spent enjoying the sun and sea with friends or family, with everyone enjoying a good meal together.
The villa can accommodate up to 8 people. It has been carefully priced to allow you to enjoy a privileged setting on a reasonable budget.
Every tourist activity imaginable is at your disposal. A multitude of restaurants, shops and supermarkets are located in the immediate vicinity.
Villa Mermaid room descriptions and capacity8 adults + 1 baby
4 air-conditioned bedrooms, all on the first floor of the villa
1. Nautically-themed master bedroom with a balcony overlooking the lagoon - Air-conditioned
- 1 double bed
- 1 en-suite bathroom with shower
2. Guest Room 1, with a balcony overlooking the lagoon - Air-conditioned
- 1 double bed
- 1 bathroom with a shower, a sink and a toilet
3. Guest Room 2, with a balcony overlooking the lagoon - Air-conditioned
- 1 double bed
4. Guest Room 3 - Air-Conditioned
- 1 double bed
- The three guest bedrooms share a bathroom with a shower, sink and WC.
Villa Mermaid, located in Péreybère, Grand-Bay, MauritiusThe sea is at the heart of many of the leisure activities in the village of Grand-Bay. The area boasts several beautiful public beaches: Péreybère, Mont Choisy, Trou aux Biches and Pointe aux Canonniers. Here, you can sunbathe on the white sand or swim in the pristine waters of Mauritius most beautiful lagoons.
A range of water sports and activities are available in the villa's immediate vicinity:
- Windsurfing, water skiing, pedal-boating, kayaking and more
- Scuba diving
- Undersea walking for those who enjoy an adrenalin rush
- Catamaran trips with a barbecue and visit of l'île Plate or l'îlot Gabriel
- Sports fishing for marlin, tuna and dolphinfish
Yet there is more to Grand-Bay than the beach and sea: in its bustling centre youll find a great many restaurants, bars, nightclubs and shops.
Among these are Sunset Boulevard, a small but high-end shopping complex; the Grand-Bay bazaar, ideal for browsing for local souvenirs; and Super U, a large supermarket which stocks every foodstuff imaginable. The smaller Winner's supermarket is only a few hundred meters from the villa.
Villa Mermaid, on an exclusive beach in PéreybèreMermaid is one of 4 adjoining waterfront villas belonging to the same family. It is situated on the exclusive beach of Merville, in the region of Péreybère, only a kilometre from the centre of Grand-Bay. The Merville beach is not accessible to the public, so youll enjoy what is effectively a private beach, steps away from your veranda.
- 270 m² of living space
- 4 air-conditioned bedrooms including 2 with a sea view, all on the first floor
- 3 bathrooms including one en-suite (adjoining master bedroom)
- Sitting / dining room with table seating 8 people
- Fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher, other domestic appliances and crockery for 8 people
- Large 28 m² fully furnished terrace with breath-taking views over the lagoon and the garden, ideal for 8 people
- Laundry room equipped with washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board, as well as first aid kit
- Flat-screen TV and complementary access to satellite channels
- Bedlinen and towels (sheets, bath and beach towels)
- Alarm system that automatically calls out a security team when activated
- 1 Weber barbecue
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary local phone calls
The graceful coconut tree-planted garden is separated from neighbouring houses by a wooden fence to safeguard your privacy. A large wooden table and several sunbeds allow you to relax in the shade or work on your tan. Make sure you enjoy a refreshing swim in the sea and a walk along the beach accessible only to local residents.
The owner lives nearby and will welcome you upon your arrival. He will be happy to provide any advice or local tips you may require, and to ensure your stay is as pleasant as possible.
The staff at Villa MermaidWorking hours: 9am to 1pm Monday to Saturday, except holidays.
The housekeeper and cook are bilingual and are responsible for:
- Household cleaning
- Laundry excluding ironing
- The preparation of one meal a day (lunch or dinner), cooked in advance
Tenants are responsible for purchasing groceries.
Our staff fees are included in the apartments rental. Tipping is discretionary. If you would like to leave a tip, we recommend the equivalent of €5 per day.
Note that for the festive end of year period, there will be no service from December 24 at noon until December 25 inclusively and from December 31 at noon until January 2 inclusively. Kindly note that in Mauritius, 25th December, January 1st and 2nd are bank holidays.
Villa Mermaid - Rates 2018 per night
|No. of guests||01 July-31 August||01 September-30 September
01 May-30 June
|16 January-30 April
01 October-14 December
|15 December-15 January|
|1||175€||Upon request||195€||Upon request|
|2||195€||Upon request||220€||Upon request|
|3||215€||Upon request||245€||Upon request|
|4||235€||Upon request||270€||Upon request|
|5||255€||Upon request||295€||Upon request|
|6||275€||Upon request||320€||Upon request|
|7||295€||Upon request||345€||Upon request|
|8||315€||Upon request||370€||Upon request|
*If your party includes several children under 4 years of age, a discretionary fee may apply.