Last minute deal January 06 - January 31 2019 (the discount will be made upon booking).
Villa Neptune: a pleasant and welcoming home away from homeVilla Nepture is located in Pointe aux Canonniers, 1.5 km from the centre of Grand-Bay, Mauritius’ most popular seaside resort. The villa is rustic and simply furnished, and is located on a beautiful beach, where the lagoon is perfect for swimming. It is simple and functional while offering direct access to the beach: the ideal setting for a peaceful, happy holiday.
Villa Neptune offers the promise of relaxation and of idle days spent with family or friends. The white sand beach at the veranda’s edge is the perfect children’s playground. Beyond, the lagoon’s many turquoise and emerald hues shift and change throughout the day, and sailing boats dot the horizon, outlined against the breath-taking silhouette of the Northern islets… Fishermen returning from the open sea drawn their traditional pirogues up on the beach to unload their catch of the day.
With its offer of an unforgettable holiday on a reasonable budget, Villa Neptune will enchant the young and young-at-heart alike.
Villa Neptune room descriptions and capacity7 adults + 1 baby
3 air-conditioned bedrooms and 1 bedroom with fan
1. Bedroom N° 1 (master bedroom) with lagoon view -– Air-conditioned
- 1 king size bed
- 1 crib
- 1 en-suite bathroom with WC
2. Room N° 2 (guest room) -– Air-conditioned
- 1 double bed
3. Room N° 3 (guest room) - Without air conditioning, ventilation only
- 2 single beds
A separate bathroom with toilet is ideal for bedrooms N ° 2 and N ° 3.
Another independent WC is also available.
4. Bedroom N°4 (2nd master bedroom) with lagoon view - Air-conditioned
- 1 double bed
- 1 en-suite bathroom, separate WC
Villa Neptune, located in Pointe aux Canonniers, Mauritius
Villa Neptune is located in the village of Pointe aux Canonniers, 1.5 km from the lively resort town of Grand-Bay.
The following amenities are available in the village, among others:
- Day trips to the northern islands aboard catamarans or speed-boats, from which to admire the turquoise blue of the ocean
- Sports fishing for marlin, tuna and dolphinfish
- A wide range of other maritime activities and water sports
The lagoon in front of the villa is ideal for snorkelling.
A host of Italian, Mediterranean, European and Asian restaurants are available nearby, as well as a great many offering excellent local Creole cuisine.
Shops and supermarkets are located close by for your food and souvenir shopping needs.
Further afield yet still within easy reach are the island’s capital, Port Louis, with its distinctive market and Chinatown; the Pamplemousses Botanical Garden, with its native plants and giant water lilies; the Domaine de Labourdonnais estate and l'’Aventure du Sucre sugar museum.
With its white sandy beach that winds in and out of small coves, and the truly beautiful lagoon beyond, Pointe au Cannoniers is the ideal setting for a pleasant family holiday.
Villa Neptune, ideal for a peaceful, relaxing holidayNestled though it is in a tropical garden, Villa Neptune's main asset is its beachside location in Pointe au Cannoniers, 1.5 km from Grand-Bay. The beach is the stuff of postcards: white sand fringed by turquoise waters and a constellation of black volcanic rock. From the shore, you’ll enjoy beautiful views of the northern islands offshore: the Coin de Mire, île Plate, île Ronde and the distinctive Pain de Sucre.
You can either admire the magnificent view from the villa’s veranda, or walk a few steps to relax on the small beach adorned with endemic shrubs and a casuarina tree.
Villa Neptune has not been renovated for some time, and cannot therefore be described as a luxury villa. However, it is impossible to deny its rustic charm or its functional qualities. It is ideal for holidaymakers looking for a simple and authentic home away from home at a very reasonable price. Especially for a beachside property !
The thatched-roof villa is located in a quiet and peaceful area, a haven from the bustle of Grand-Bay. The soft murmur of the waves will be the only thing to interrupt the tranquillity of your holiday.
- 4 bedrooms for 7 adults and 1 baby
- 3 en-suite bathrooms including 2 en suite
- Fully equipped kitchen: kitchen utensils, dishwasher, coffee machine, microwave, microwave, oven, toaster, fridge, hob (3 gas and 1 electric)
- Flat screen TV with free access to satellite and cable channels
- Dining area with chairs + table for 8 people
- Small office area
- Outdoor shower (ideal after a relaxed bath in the ocean)
- Deck with 2 sunbeds
- Beach umbrellas
- On-site parking and free for several cars
- Laundry room including 1 washing machine, an iron and an ironing board
- Free WIFI
- Linen available (sheets and towels, bath and beach towels) for 7 people
- Generator with automatic start (new)
- Alarm system (2 remotes are available)
- Presence of a night watchman for safety
Neptune staffWorking hours: 8:30 am to 11:30 pm from Monday to Saturday, except public holidays.
1. Live-in housekeeper and cook
- Specialist in Mauritian dishes with a French twist
- Preparation of one meal a day (lunch or dinner), cooked in advance
- Household cleaning
- Laundry excluding ironing
Tenants are responsible for purchasing groceries. If you require assistance outside of the cook’s hours of service, she can be contacted by phone, except on Sundays and public holidays.
2. Gardener - 3 times a week
3. Security guard - on site every night from 8:15pm to 5am
All questions relating to the villa should be addressed directly to Benoit Harel, the owner.
Our staff fees are included in the apartment’s rental. Tipping is discretionary. If you would like to leave a tip, we recommend the equivalent of €5 per day.
Note that for the festive end of year period, there will be no service from December 24 at noon until December 25 inclusively and from December 31 at noon until January 2 inclusively. Kindly note that in Mauritius, 25th December, January 1st and 2nd are bank holidays.
Villa Neptune - Rates 2018 per night
|No. of guests||01-30 June
|16 January-30 April
01 July-31 August
15 October-14 December
|15 December-15 January|
*If your party includes several children under 4 years of age, a discretionary fee may apply.